Homes for sale in Nutley, NJ offer great access to Manhattan, Hoboken, Jersey City and many other major employment areas. Situated about 20 miles west of Manhattan, Nutley homes are conveniently located for easy access to major highways: Route 3, Route 21, and the Garden State Parkway.
Homes for sale in Nutley will occasionally border Belleville and Bloomfield in Essex County, Lyndhurst in Bergen County & Clifton in Passaic County. During 2019 there were 240 Nutley homes for sale that closed. This excluded all condos, town houses and multi family homes. The median price for all single family homes that sold was $395,000. During this same time period there 45 Nutley homes for sale that closed at or over $500,000. The median price for all single family homes over $500,000 was $550,000.
Nutley NJ Real Estate
Real estate options in Nutley consist almost entirely of single-family homes, although some condos, town houses, and apartments are available as well. Prospective buyers will be able to find many stylish and well-maintained homes in neighborhoods with quiet, tree-lined streets that are ideal for raising a family. Nutley has a few unincorporated areas where you can find Nutley homes for sale. Some of these areas are known as Avondale, Franklin, Glendale and Younticaw.
Many of the homes available for sale in Nutley will offer stunning architectural styles including Colonial, Mediterranean, Tudor, Victorian, and craftsman. No matter what type of home you’re searching for, you’re guaranteed to find a home in Nutley, that exceeds your expectations. Prospective buyers will be able to find many homes boasting top-quality modern features such as expansive wraparound porches, exquisite formal dining rooms, designer kitchens with new stainless steel appliances, elegant master suites, and more.
Once known as Franklin Township, Nutley was originally settled by the English and the Dutch in the late 1600s. During the mid-19th to early 20th century, many Irish and Italian immigrants arrived and found employment in the local quarries supplying brownstone to major cities, as well as the numerous mills located along the Third River. Nutley was officially incorporated as a town on March 5, 1902. Nutley was named after the Satterthwaite family’s estate home in 1844.
Today, the Township of Nutley, offers a tight-knit community atmosphere and a great selection of family-friendly neighborhoods. Residents enjoy easy access to a wealth of amenities and destinations, including a central shopping area, a scenic 28-acre county park, state-of-the-art sports facilities, and an array of recreational opportunities. All of this makes searching homes for sale in Nutley, NJ an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Nutley Public Schools
The Nutley Public School District offers classes from pre-kindergarten through high school. As of the 2017-2018 school year the Nutley Public School District’s student population was 4,135 with a 12.5-1 student to teacher ratio. The Nutley Public School District offers five elementary schools, one middle school school and one high school.
- Elementary schools are: Lincoln Elementary School (K-6), Radcliff Elementary School (K-6), Spring Garden Elementary School (pre-K-6), Washington Elementary School K-6), Yantacaw Elementary (K-6)
- Middle School (7-8), John H Walker Middle School, formerly the Franklin Middle School.
- High School (9-12), Nutley High School with an estimated student population of 1,200+
Nutley Public Transportation
Nutley does not offer train service to Hoboken or Midtown Manhattan.
Nutley Italian Restaurants
If you love pizza or a small neighborhood BYOB or even a more upscale Italian Restaurant then you’re going to enjoy these local favorites. Come and check out want Nutley and the near by locals already know. You can’t go wrong.
Living in Nutley
- Recent surveys show that the township of Nutley maintains more than a hundred acres of recreational land and over 10,000 trees.
- Nutley is home to numerous local community parks such as Flora Louden Park, Nichols Park, Booth Park, Father Glotzbach Park, DeMuro Park, and Kingsland Park. These parks feature facilities for a wide variety of sports such as basketball, baseball, football, and soccer, among other sports.
- One of Nutley’s notable destinations is Kingsland Manor, which gives visitors a glimpse of life in the 1700s. Included in the National Register of Historic Places, the elegant brownstone Dutch colonial is open for tours during the third Sunday of every month.
To learn more about homes for sale in Nutley, NJ please feel free to reach out to Donald Fanelli, Coldwell Banker Real Estate.
- Get new listing alerts delivered to your inbox.24 ResultsThe data displayed relating to real estate for sale comes in part from the IDX Program of Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. Real estate listings held by other brokerage firms are marked as IDX Listing.
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Copyright © 2021 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.
Notice: The dissemination of listings displayed herein does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
This information is being provided for Consumers? personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties Consumers may be interested in purchasing.GSMLS (Broker IDX) data last updated at March 7, 2021 12:08 AM ET