Homes for sale in Fair Lawn, NJ can be found in this small borough located in Bergen County, NJ with an estimated population of 32,457. Fair Lawn offers great access to Paramus, Ramsey, Mahwah, Fort Lee and is approximately 10 miles west of New York City.
Homes in Fair Lawn NJ will sometimes border Paterson and Hawthorne both located in Passaic County, NJ. Fair Lawn is also bordered by Glen Rock, Paramus, Ridgewood, Rochelle Park and Elmwood Park which are all Bergen County towns. Fair Lawn offers two newer micro-neighborhoods which includes the “Fair Lawn Commons” aka “The Commons” and the “Fair Lawn Promenade” aka “The Promenade” “The Commons” is located in the Radburn Historical District and “The Promenade” is a mix use development with apartments, shops, office and restaurants along Route 208.
SCROLL DOWN to view Home Listings in Fair Lawn
Fair Lawn Real Estate
When viewing homes for sale in Fair Lawn, NJ you can’t help to notice the pride and joy that is evident throughout the town. You may even notice one of Fair Lawn’s eight sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Fair Lawn’s largest employer and taxpayer was Nabisco/Mondelez, the owner’s of everybody’s favorite cookie the “Oreo”
Fair Lawn was incorporated as a borough in 1924 and originally called “Fairlawn”. In 1933 Fairlawn, which was named after David Acker’s estate home which was built in 1865 would become known as Fair Lawn. Fair Lawn, NJ also includes Radburn. Radburn is a section of Fair Lawn and was created as a planned community in 1929. Fair Lawn also includes communities commonly known as Memorial Park, Columbus Heights and Warren Point.
Fair Lawn Public Schools
It’s no secret that buyers who are searching homes for sale in Fair Lawn, NJ are well aware of the Fair Lawn public school system. The Fair Lawn School system serves public students from kindergarten through 12th grade. Fair Lawn offers six elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school.
- Elementary schools K-5 include John A. Forrest Elementary, Lyncrest Elementary, Henry B. Milnes Elementary, Radburn Elementary, Warren Point Elementary and Westmoreland Elementary
- Middle schools 6-8 include Memorial Middle School and Thomas Jefferson Middle School
- High School 9-12 is serviced by Fair Lawn High School.
Fair Lawn students also have the option of attending one of three private high schools nearby: Don Bosco Prep (boys) in Ramsey, Bergen Catholic High School (boys) in Oradell or Paramus Catholic High School (coed) in Paramus.
Fair Lawn Roads and Highways
Fair Lawn is perfectly located with its fantastic access to multiple highways and roads. Route 208 runs north and south as well as Route 4. Route 4 east will connect you to Route 17 north & south or stay on Route 4 east to the George Washington Bridge and into New York City.
Route 208 north will lead you to Interstate 287 north and south. I-287 north runs through Ramsey and Mahwah to the New York State Thruway. I-287 south runs through Montvile in Morris County and connects with I-80 east and west.
Fair Lawn Bus Transportation
NJ Transit Bus offers service to the Port Authority in Midtown Manhattan via the 144, 145, 148, 160, 164 and 196 routes. Service to the George Washington Bridge Bus Terminal is available using either route 171 or 175.
Fair Lawn Train Station
NJ Transit Train is available from either the Radburn Train Station or the Broadway Train Station. Both train stations offer service to lower Manhattan or Midtown Manhattan via the NJ Transit Bergen County Line. The Bergen County Line stops at the Secaucus Junction which allows for a transfer to Penn Station in Manhattan. Lower Manhattan is via the Hoboken Terminal which is the last stop on the Bergen County Line.
Fair Lawn Restaurants
Here are three local favorite restaurants worth checking out
- Oceanos Oyster Bar and Sea Grill – Bistro style with a Mediterranean menu of seafood and steak, plus a raw bar & patio located at 2-27 Saddle River Road, Fair Law, New Jersey 07410
- Sage Restaurant – This is a BYOB Italian style restaurant is a local hit with just about everybody, located at 17-15 Broadway, Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410.
- The Railyard Tavern – great neighborhood restaurant that caters to all age groups, heavy focus on pizza, steak and the daily special. If craft beer is your thing, they’ve got that too. Located at 14-26 Plaza Road North, Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410.