Homes for sale in Franklin Lakes NJ can be found in the northwest portion of Bergen County, NJ, occupying a total area of nearly ten square miles. Home to over 10,000 residents, this suburban community is known for its outstanding school system, top-notch library and recreation programs, and close-knit, small town vibe. The Franklin Lakes is home to the corporate headquarters of Becton, Dickinson and Company, a Fortune 500 company specializing in medical devices, reagents, and instrument systems.
Here are some fun facts for 2019 according to the NJMLS data for 01/01/19-12/31/19. There were 161 homes during this time period which included all Toll Brothers new construction that was entered in the NJMLS as a sold property. The median price for 2019 was $911,000 which means that half the homes sold below this number and half sold over $911,000.
There were 56 homes sold between $1,000,000 and $1,999,999. Between $2,000,000 and $2,999,999 there were 4 homes sold. This is also true for homes sold between $3,000,000 and $3,999,999.
Amazingly there was only 1 sale over $4,000,000, which was 17 Shinnecock Trail. This was an amazing 14,000 SF home situated on 5.4 acres with 18 rooms, 7 bedrooms, 7 full baths and yearly taxes of $111,000.
view_listings town=”Franklin Lakes”]
Franklin Lakes Real Estate
Homes for sale in Franklin Lakes are mostly single-family homes, although some townhouses are available for sale as well. Buyers searching for an excellent place to call home will find a nice variety of architectural styles along with homes varying in size and price range.
Those in the market for a stylish luxury home can find many impressive properties surrounded by expansive lot sizes in Franklin Lakes. Luxury homes in Franklin Lakes offers the perfect balance between sophistication and comfort, with top-quality features such as stunning architecture, resort-style landscapes, swimming pools surrounded by sprawling patios with outdoor kitchens, oversize master suites, and more.
The Franklin Lakes was originally part of Franklin Township, a community that prospered during the early 19th century after benefiting from wealth generated by the industrial revolution. Many of its early residents were gentlemen farmers who lived in the area only during the summer. Some of these summer properties still stand today, such as the Post-Terhune house (Franklin Lake Road), the Bartholf-Hughes house (Somerset), and the Atterbury-Brockhurst house (Ewing Avenue). Franklin Lakes was incorporated on March 22, 1922, and named after William Franklin, the illegitimate son of Benjamin Franklin.
Residents of Franklin Lakes enjoy a high quality of life, thanks to the community’s peaceful country atmosphere, fun attractions and year-round recreational programs, and convenient transit options.
Indian Trail Club In Franklin Lakes, NJ
Indian Trail Club is located at 830 Franklin Lake Road across the street from the Market Basket shopping center. Indian Trail Club is a special place for family and friends to gather for special events, recreational fun, weddings and religious celebrations. The Indian Trail Club has very strong ties to the McBride family and to this day they do their very best to preserve the nature beauty of this magical place that previous McBride families have come to enjoy. The Indian Trail Club includes a member dining area, bar & lounge, fitness room, multi purpose room and lockers. Summer time fun features a K-7 summer camp, zero gravity pool, spring fed lake with water toys, swim team, tennis, platform tennis and so much more.
Transportation For Franklin Lakes
Franklin Lakes offers very easy access to Route 208 both North and South and I-287 both North and South. Franklin Lakes does not offer train transportation, but several nearby towns do offer train transportation to Hoboken, Jersey City and New York City. Depending upon which part of Franklin Lakes you live in your choices for train transportation would be: Allendale, Glen Rock, Ho-Ho-Kus, Mahwah, Ramsey and Ridgewood.
Living in Franklin Lakes
- The Franklin Lakes Recreation and Parks Department organizes various community wide recreational programs and activities throughout the year. Residents can look forward to fun events like Movies in the Park, the Franklin Lakes Rec Camp every summer, a variety of sports programs, and many more.
- Students from pre-kindergarten to 8th grade are served by the Franklin Lakes School District.
- Some communities and localities located entirely or partially within Franklin Lakes are Campgaw, Crystal Lakes, Bakers Pond, Pulls Mills, Ferdinands Mills, Hopper Lake, Blauvelt Lakes, and Shadow Lake.
- Restaurants in Franklin Lake serve a wide range of different cuisine, including pizza, sushi, steak, and many more. Some of the best restaurants to check out in the area are Uncle Louie’s Pizza, The Chef’s Table, and Golden Dynasty.
- Franklin Lakes is home to Urban Farms Shopping Center, a sprawling mixed-use development featuring more than 86,000 square feet of retail and office space. One of the shopping center’s popular establishments is The Market Basket, which is known for their delicious gourmet sandwiches and pastries, impressive cheese selection, and fresh goods.
New to the area and would like more information or a tour of Franklin Lakes, NJ homes for sale please contact Donald Fanelli, Coldwell Banker Real Estate at 973-632-1449. You can also reach Donald Fanelli at Donald_fanelli@gardenstatereo.com
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.